Thursday, September 19, 2013

Hello all!
As this blog was designed and created for my lovely Family Relations class, I will be discussing my insights, thoughts, and what I have learned this semester. This past week during class the question came up about dating. "Why don't we date as much as our parents did?" now there are several answers to this question. I personally think that while our parents were in their prime dating years there was more of a social acceptability to formal dates. When I say formal dates I think of being asked out, going out and doing an activity in which each couple (maybe several) are paired off. Now of days dating is just "hanging out" only will you ever see steady dating on a very serious level. I also think another reason for the dating change is that young adult's morals have gone down hill. Our overall morals are not as high as they should be. Other colleges have much more vulgar and serious sexual sins, as well as word of wisdom sins that lead to loose terms concerning dating. One last reason I believe that young adults of 2013 do not date as much as our parents generation is because the reasons for dating have slightly changed. Our parents generation dated to marry, now people date to date and to have fun. Marriage may be more of a outside thought. So there you have it. Feel free to comment or post your own opinions! until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! My name is Emily and I am the TA for your class. Great job on the blog post! I'm excited to see your impressions on the family and the importance of society's connection with the family throughout the semester. Great job sharing your opinions. I also think young adults do not date enough and there is so much research describing the importance of dating and courting!

    ReplyDelete