Thursday, October 3, 2013

Hello fellow classmates and any other viewers who were lucky enough to click on this blog,
This week in Family Relations I personally found our class discussions fascinating. We spoke about Family Systems Theory. There are four different theories. The first one is systems theory. This theory is my personal favorite because it is viewed as a whole. Each family member has a specific role and there are rules. The second theory is the exchange theory- doing something for someone else expecting a favor in return. This is a give and take situation. This theory has several flaws in the way people can react and communicate to impact the family negatively. Symbolic Interaction is when every action means something to someone else. This become analytic and every behavior suggest a meaning. As people we create and assume meaning from all interactions. these interactions are easy to misunderstand. the last theory is the Conflict theory. This is when power maybe overt or subtle, but all families find ways to resolve their conflicts. I would put my family in the systems theory because I feel we each have definite roles in our family. Maybe that is why I favor that theory, but in our family it works.I have definitely seen these other theories take place in other families and they work for some, but not for all families.

No comments:

Post a Comment