Friday, December 6, 2013

For the Experience...

Parenting can be rough, I mean I only Imagine, I am not a parent, but I do get to watch my sister's parent their small children. I love watching them being moms because I get to see up close and up front what it is like to be a parent. Of course I do not get the actual experience of being an Aunt because I am not a Mom I just simply observe the difficult situations that My sister's have to deal with or the joys of being a mother. We learn by experience and that is how most people will learn how to parent. I am sure I will learn by experience of trial and error. That is why the first child is always considered the guinea pig. Growing up I never learned life lessons by getting a lecture from my dad, or activities my mom set up to teach me. I learned by making my own mistakes and having to deal with the natural consequence. I can also say being the youngest I have learned many lessons by watching my older siblings go through the experience. Brother would kick my sister and they would be punished so I took a mental note. "don't kick sister" I learned how to make my way without getting in trouble by situations like that. Lets take the experience and make it into a lesson we all need to learn. I know no one knows what they are getting themselves into when they become parents, but through experience we will learn.

1 comment: