Friday, December 13, 2013

Let's Maintain an Eternal Relationship

Well the semester is slowly winding down to an end. That means 1.) Christmas is coming! 2) I get to go home to Maryland! 3.) FAMILY 160 is ending...wahhh. Okay so this past week we have been talking about divorce. I will be blunt as blunt can be. I DO NOT LIKE THIS TOPIC. However, divorce is a real thing and we as young adults need to be educated about it in order to avoid it. So in this entry I will share my thoughts on divorce, in stead of what I learned in class. Here it goes, Divorce is real. In class we discussed a case study concerning divorce and how it effects all people in the family. When a a couple gets divorced and has small kids, those kids are effected by it even if it all happened when the kids were young enough to not remember it. Those children will grow up without one parent or in a broken home. That is detrimental to a child. It is detrimental for a parent to watch that happen. I am not sure how people do it based off of choice. I recognize in some cases one partner has been faithful to the end, but it leaves that faithful person no choice than to divorce their unfaithful spouse. I feel divorce is only 100% necessary if severe adultery has been involved. There are many different scenarios for divorce. I hope that I can do everything in my power to avoid divorce. It is completely appropriate for all people to be educated about this and taught correct principles on how to maintain a loving relationship. In another class I am currently enrolled in we learned 4 steps to maintain an eternal relationship, and I will leave you with these steps.

Brother Beans Eternal Relationship Maintenance Theory

1.) Fall into lust (Physical)
2.) Fall into Love (Emotional)
3.) Fall out of Love ( Mortal/Real)
4.) Learn to Love (Eternal)

All couples fall out of love. Many older married people say something along these lines "there are days when I couldn't stand to be with them, but I never fell out of love"- you are denying you fell out of love yet you described exactly that. You can fall out of Love, its okay to admit, what makes relationships work is making it to the fourth step, learning to love.

1 comment: