Friday, December 6, 2013

The Parentals.

We are given a family so we can have a safe environment to learn and grow. Our Heavenly Father sends us to families for this reason. There are many, many, many people who don't end up with this luxury and it pains me to know that. I had a splendid childhood, I learned a lot about life growing up, and I am still growing up and learning about life. Being a parent is a luxury many people do not get to have. There are so many people, couples, friends that I know who have not been able to start a family with kids. Why do some people not want to be parents when they are able, and some who want to be parents are not able? It is so strange, but this is a trial some people have to endure. I know for many women it is a fear of theirs of not being able to have children because they want that experience of having children and all the pains and joys that come with it. There are endless possibilities to why we parent, but here are just a few:
1) develop a compacity to love
2) learn how to understand Heavenly Father
3) Become selfless
4) It has been commanded
5) Grow as a person, and in relationships
these are just five simple reasons people become parents. Now I am not trying to persuade anybody to become a parent I Just want to share  my value for parents. I know many parents who are not LDS and yes, they are great parents and show their kids love and compassion as well as disipline. I admire that, but with the gospel we can do so much more. 

1 comment: